Multiple Relationships in Psychotherapy & Counseling: Unavoidable, Common, and Mandatory Dual Relations between Clients & Therapists
Ofer Zur, Ph.D., Editor
Routledge: New York (2017)
This first-of-a-kind analysis will focus exclusively on unavoidable and mandated multiple relationships between clients & psychotherapists, such as:
- The ethics of a range of venues and situations where dual relationships are mandated, such as in the military, prisons/jails, and police departments, and settings where multiple relationships are unavoidable, such as rural communities, graduate schools and training institutions, faith, spiritual, recovery or 12-step, minority and disabled communities, total institutions, and sport psychology.
- The complexities of social network ethics and digital dual relationships, such as clients becoming ‘friends’ or ‘fans’ on their therapists’ social media pages are discussed.
- The complexities and multiple roles that inevitably emerge in supervisory relationships.
Boundaries in Psychotherapy: Ethical and Clinical Explorations
Published by American Psychological Association, APA Books
This most comprehensive book on ethical therapeutic boundaries
covers the following topics:
- Non-Sexual Touch … Therapist’s Self-Disclosure … Gifts
- Dual Relationships … Bartering … Home Visits … Adventure Therapy
- Fees … TeleMental Health – E-Therapy … Attending Clients’ Weddings
- Incidental or Chance Encounters … Clothing … Language …Silence …and much more . . .
Dual Relationships and Psychotherapy
Arnold A. Lazarus, Ph.D., ABPP, and Ofer Zur, Ph.D., Editors
Springer, New York, 2002
This ground-breaking book:
- Is the first authoritative and non-dogmatic book on non-sexual dual relationships in psychotherapy.
- Demonstrates how non-sexual dual relationships can increase trust, familiarity, and therapeutic effectiveness.
- Covers the clinical, ethical and legal aspects of non-sexual dual relationships and provides detailed guidelines on how to navigate the complexities of dual relationships.
HIPAA Compliance Kit With Ready-to-use Forms
8th edition updated with significant updates and revisions of the Security Rule, Online presence, and much more.
Understanding & Applying The Regulations in Psychotherapeutic Practice
9th Edition …
Best Selling HIPAA Manual Successfully Used By Thousands of Therapists
The Kit will aid psychotherapists in private practice with:
- Understanding HIPAA’s basic facts and requirements.
- Implementing a step-by-step process towards HIPAA compliance.
- Acquiring checklists and ready-to-use, user-friendly forms, which you will be able to personalize and employ right away.
- Avoiding penalties and other risks associated with non-compliance.
- Learning low-tech ways to use billing services and clearinghouses to continue receiving insurance company reimbursements.
The Complete Fee-for-Service Private Practice Handbook
A most complete and comprehensive guide to Building . . . Marketing . . . and Sustaining a managed-care-free fee-for-service private practice for psychotherapists. 160 pages, 57 Topics, Hundreds of links & resources. Step-by-step guide to getting out of managed care and to market your fee-for-service private psychotherapy practice.